Monday, July 15, 2013

BRU Handbuilt Ales and Eats

I wanted to share a discovery.  A new brewpub here in Boulder.


This is BRU Handbuilt Ales and Eats.


I stopped in on a Friday to check out the beer and have a snack. Well what I found was unique: an eclectic creative interior, inviting atmosphere...




...And when you open the door, you smell the wood-fired oven. They use red-oak to fire the ovens for perfectly cooked Sourdough pizza, which I was told are "just amazing!"





















That evening after my "flight" of some really well crafted beers, I tried their "Crispy Pork Ban Mi" a mouth watering pork sandwich with pickled cucumber, kimchee, shaved daikon, lime aioli and a bit of "rooster sauce."

I asked permission to take photos of the restaurant, so I showed up on
Sunday for brunch, with camera in hand.



This interior is an original mix of reclaimed lumber, kitchen tools for taps, and creative use of old doors, nails, and fasteners...the artistic vision of Ian Clark, Executive Chef/Brew master and founder of BRU, along with Chefs Jason Brown, and Josh Monopoli.




I had the run of the place to capture in photos both the artistry of the interior design and the amazing food. In a conversation with one of the servers, we both agreed that the same skills required to create a painting, or design a restaurant, are also used in creating and presenting amazing food.





But you cannot forget that this restaurant is a working brewery as well: a hand-made sliding door opens to reveal the gleaming stainless tanks used in the whole beer making process.



I had a brunch treat of perfectly cooked steak and eggs, and was delighted with the service, food and unique atmosphere.


You can check out their web-site to take a look at the lunch and dinner offerings.










No comments:

Post a Comment